EDC is a leading onshore and offshore oil & gas drilling contractor, our business philosophy resides in taking care of our people, our equipment and the well, respectively.
Our long term success depends on our ability to continually improve our services while protecting our people and the environment in which we work.
It is our policy to:
• Achieve the highest standards of quality, health, safety and environment, meets contractual obligations, safeguards human life and health, and protects the environment.
• Provide and maintain a safe working environment, conditions and equipment, coupled with training that will provide our employees with the knowledge and information necessary to safely carry out their assigned duties.
EDC is committed to:
• Protect and promote the health and safety of employees, customers, sub-contractors, third party contractors, visitors, community and the environment.
• Monitor work related illness and follow-up on corrective actions accordingly.
• Uphold a safety culture that does not instigate blame, but accountability, and that does not conceal errors, but use them as learning lessons.
• Support the rig management or any other personnel who decide to stop operation that may contradict with Life Saving Rules (LSR) and safety standards.
• Transparently report all incidents.
• Continually work on eliminating the occurrence of non-conformances and HSE incidents.
• Ensure competence of our personnel and educate our workforce on health, safety and identification of the possible environmental impacts.
• Provide all employees with procedures, guidelines and references to assure standardization of work, based on the established requirements.
• Verify compliance with internal and external requirements through audits and strive for compliance with international standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and API Q1).
• Comply with our safety, health, and environmental procedures, legislations, regulations and other contractual requirements.
• Identify customer requirements and communicate them within the different company departments to guarantee continuous customer satisfaction.
• Establish areas where improvement is required and include future requirements and expected developments in the long term planning.
• Measure and monitor the QHSE performance and develop annual long term QHSE objectives to achieve continual improvement.
• Evaluate performance through measuring achieved results against set targets and plans.
• Assure participation and consultation of employees and removal of obstacles or barriers to participate in the QHSE management system.
EDC Management is committed to implement and communicate this policy at all levels of the organization.