EDC is a leading onshore and offshore oil & gas drilling contractor, our business philosophy resides in taking care of our people, our equipment and the well, respectively.
Our long term success depends on our ability to continually improve our services while protecting our people and the environment in which we work.
It is our policy to achieve the highest standards of quality, health, safety, and environment, and maintain a safe working environment coupled with the necessary training to our employees to ensure their competence for carrying out their assigned duties safely.
EDC is committed to:
• Protect and promote the health and safety of employees, customers, sub-contractors, third-party contractors, visitors, community and the environment.
• Monitor, record and prevent all work-related injury and ill health, and follow-up on corrective actions accordingly.
• Transparently report and investigate all incidents, and share the lessons learned within the company.
• Uphold a safety culture that does not instigate blame, but accountability, and that does not
conceal errors, but use them as learning lessons.
• Verify compliance with internal and external requirements through audits and strive for compliance with international standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and API Q1).
• Comply with our safety, health, and environmental procedure, legislation, regulations and other contractual requirements.
• Support the rig management or any other personnel who decide to stop operation that may contradict with Life Saving Rules (LSR), QHSE management system and international standards.
• Continually work on eliminating or minimizing identified HSE risks and other risks, workplace hazards, and process inefficiencies.
• Ensure competence of our personnel and educate our workforce on health, safety and identification of the possible environmental impacts.
• Ensure QHSE policy, standards, and procedures are communicated and understood by interested parties.
• Minimize our impact on the environment including prevention of pollution, reduction of emissions, wastes, and natural resource consumption.
• Identify customer requirements and communicate them within the different company departments to guarantee continuous customer satisfaction.
• Monitor, measure, analyze, and evaluate QHSE performance and develop annual QHSE objectives to achieve continual and sustainable improvement of QHSE management system.
• Assure participation and consultation of employees and removal of obstacles or barriers to participate in the QHSE management system.
• Review the QHSE policy periodically to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to EDC.